Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Where the f**k is my bike?


A warning for people who never came to Pattaya before:
IF you rent a motorbike (which is a bad idea for several reasons, better stick with the Bahtbus or just walk), don't park it where you shouldn't.

I went to my favorite restaurant on second road, left my bike where I think it is OK (behind the lines), but when I came out of the restaurant it was gone. Again!
Though I could guess the answer to my question, I asked the girls outside in Thai English: "You see motorbike me?". Answer of the sweeties: "Police take. Many many".

Went to the police station, and yes, I parked my motorbike in a prohibited area. 500 baht please. After a polite remark that I'm almost sure I was right about the lines, got away with 200 baht. I know any more discussion is useless, it is just a little game, the "collect as many farang motorbikes as you can in no time"-game.
Shouting will get you nowhere.

The little good thing in Thailand is, that even fines can be bargained...;-)