Sunday, June 8, 2008

Let's play football in the room!


I don't really care about euro2008, and it looks to me that a lot of Thai guys (and ladies) are betting all their money on it, something that happens every 2 years...
You won't find me in a bar during those days, between drunk guys watching the same goals all day long, complaining about missed penalties etc, and asking my opinion, looking for a reason to start a little fight.

But I guess there is no escape: every place in Pattaya has at least one television, but only one channel it seems.

Even the bargirls look football, dreaming about marrying any of those sexy, "big money"-22 players on the field, ...until the 90 minutes are over, and they have to look again at no-style-Farang Pum puy who just barfined them, and finishes his last beer before leaving to his cheap charlie-room. That's life, and we all have our dreams sometimes...

When I see a site like THIS one, football gets a little bit more interesting... and I start to dream too, about actually being one of those 22, forgetting the bargirl sitting next to me.

And this girl is wearing the wrong t-shirt, but she's playing very well: penalty kick for me, and she is the goalkeeper...;-)