Wednesday, June 18, 2008

22 acacia avenue is somewhere in Pattaya


Don't know what is wrong with that little soi 6/1, the street next to soi 6, but I got into a troublesome situation there twice now!
The first time was my own stupid fault (in fact, the second too...) as I wanted to go to the beachroad from second road, it was in the middle of the night, all the action in soi 6 is finished by then (I didn't have to fear any girls literally taking me by the balls), but still, I decided to go to the beach through soi 6/1 for a change, and began to regret this after a few steps, when I realized it is not a good idea to walk in this small dark street alone. Almost in the middle of soi 6/1, three ladyboys came out of nowhere and blocked my way, clearly not with any good intensions.
The one in the middle had a knife (didn't see it up close but I'm pretty sure it was not his lollipop), the two others moved quickly behind me, and the way they surrounded me was not because they wanted to propose me to smoke my cigar.
"Where you go darling?", ladyboy one asked me while the 2 others were smiling, getting too close and breathing in my neck.
I am certainly not a hero in these situations, but this time, don't ask me why, I stayed calm and answered his question with another question: "You know where I can find ATM?".
This COULD be a stupid question as they might propose to accompany me to get some money and hand them over, but in this case I knew very well there is only an ATM at the beach road or back in second road, where there is enough people even at 3 or 5 in the morning. Asking for an ATM seemed a better believable reply instead of simply telling him I didn't have any money when he didn't ask for it yet.
In fact, I couldn't escape and wanted to win some time, and yes, I was lucky a few farangs entered the street from beachroad, so I pointed to the beach side and said: 'I think there, right?'
Ladyboy one looked briefly, saw the farangs, and put away his lollipop. I said good evening, smiled and started walking past him without looking back. For a moment my heart rate was going in overdrive... :-)

PS Even though Pattaya is pretty safe overall, I got into problems another time, again soi 6/1 but this was daytime, I didn't expect to have any kind of problems (this time however just another ladyboy bothering me in a very agressive way, not to steal my money, but probably just because he was on yaba or something).