Sunday, August 24, 2008

How to tell your family you're going to Pattaya?


Many young guys ask me this funny question when back home:
'Shit man! I'm going to Thailand but how do I explain this? Everybody knows about the prostitution down there!'
In my case, I don't have to deny anything, I'm not doing any harm, and most of all, I don't care. But I had these same questions too, when I came to Thailand the first time. I never found the answer though, only the questions vanished.

The most negative reactions come from those who've never been here, or people who don't realize they are prostitutes too: working for a company and a boss they don't like, because they need the money, not selling their body, but selling their mind. That's even worse, but it is an opinion nobody will accept, and to be honest, it doesn't justify anything either.

The answer can be different for anyone, I tend to say: "There is nothing to explain".
But just let me try.

With moms it's easy, they will always deny the picture of their son, completely drunk in a red light zone, having fun with half naked bargirls grabbing his dick. Just tell her about the elephants and temples you've seen. And make sure you really did see at least one elephant or temple.
Take as many pictures as you can to make it look like you've been visiting temples all day long (the Royal Palace in Bangkok is a good place, but there is one near Pattaya too). If she would start asking about bargirls, you just say: "What? Bargirls?"...

It's more difficult to explain your trip to your colleagues. They will confront you immediately with the picture of you, drunk, with the naked bargirls. But they don't know anything. You could try with the elephants and the temple pictures, but it won't help. So, why not just answer:
"I go to Pattaya for the booze and the sex. And I like it. Any other questions?"