Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Buddha


A long time ago during one of my first visits to Pattaya, I was with a girl who -all of a sudden- just ran away.
She was shouting ugly things at me in Thai, and I didn't understand anything of it. Not the language, and not the reason!

Only later, when I was reading and learning about Buddha, I understood why. I did some of the most stupid, ugly things you can do, and remembered the moment when she got angry. I pointed at something on her dress, with my feet.
She was so angry, I didn't even have the time to ask for an explanation.

Since I knew why, I've been reading several books about Bhuddism, trying to understand as good as possible all those things.

Even if you stay only in a short time here, or anywhere in SE Asia, it's a good thing to learn about the dos and donts in Thailand, a lot of this has to do with buddhism.

Before you can understand the Thai, you have to know a bit about stuff like The Four Noble Truths or The Noble Eightfold Path

Don't wanna know about it? Then, at least respect it.

I see a lot of people making the same stupid mistakes as the one I did.